Fernbank Field Trip

On Tuesday, April 12, we are taking a field trip to the Fernbank Museum to see the Mythic Creatures exhibit. Should be great fun! Here's the permission slip in case yours went missing.

READ!!

Our homework, in 6th and 7th Grade, is to READ in a quiet, dedicated space for 30 minutes (at least 15 pages) each and every night. Students should record the number of pages they read on their Reading Calendar.

Monday, January 25, 2010

PERSUASIVE Choice Projects!

Today we continued work on our Persuasive Choice Projects - students are trying to use their creativity to persuade the class that their solution is a great one. It's great to see students working hard with creative juices flowing.
Hunter and Skyler worked on theirs over the weekend. They made this video for their project. Check it out - and leave them some comments! Or let me know that the link doesn't work. Either way!
No homework, unless there's work to be done on your project. Half of us have current events due Friday.
Also - you can choose to work on the "If I Were Mayor" essays for extra credit towards your writing grade.
See you tomorrow for some more exciting project work!

7 comments:

  1. i tried to watch the video but it said i needed an account so i tried to create one but it declined me
    -asa kramer-dickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That's what I suspected. I think you can only see it if you are signed in Hunter. Maybe they can make it public somehow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was asking you to sign in or create and account because Hunter had not shared it out to the world. Now it is working. I wish they had not got me getting the grill started :) And why is Ford the bad guy here :) It does get lousy milage. - Bob Peatman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for fixing that! I'll post the link again tomorrow so people will go back and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw it! it was coolio. :) good job, guys.

    ReplyDelete