Fernbank Field Trip

On Tuesday, April 12, we are taking a field trip to the Fernbank Museum to see the Mythic Creatures exhibit. Should be great fun! Here's the permission slip in case yours went missing.

READ!!

Our homework, in 6th and 7th Grade, is to READ in a quiet, dedicated space for 30 minutes (at least 15 pages) each and every night. Students should record the number of pages they read on their Reading Calendar.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Looking at the week ahead

One more week til Spring Break! Lots to do - here's what we've got on the agenda:
Today we worked on self editing our myths - adding interesting grammar and reading over it for areas that needed more fleshing out or punctuation help. We also worked - and will continue to work tomorrow - on peer editing. We will work some more with myths tomorrow. Final drafts will be due Thursday. I had said Wednesday, but I really want to take the time to make these as good as they can be.
We also did some work on predicate nouns today. We are really building our knowledge of sentence parts! Students should continue to work on predicate nouns tonight. Tomorrow: Predicate adjectives.
Also for tomorrow, students should bring the most up to date draft of their myth AND their independent reading book. We will have time in class tomorrow to work on book projects and summary paragraphs.
On Wednesday, we will take another CRCT Benchmark assessment.
Final drafts of myths will be due - along with any extra credit ideas - on Thursday. Thursday is also our FOOD DAY! Should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Glow,
    In our myths, I know we are supposed to use details about our characters, but looking back on all of the other myths we have studied and read, none of them are embellished with details and deep descriptions. They didn't have to be, because how people looked back then was just how they looked. I guess there is a way of adding details that work with the genre, like Fenn did, but with my specific story, I'm finding it difficult. I know what they looked like but am feeling that by adding the extra sentences, I am disregarding the genre. Any tips or suggestions?
    -Zoƫ

    ReplyDelete